Circular blade saw is the equipment to use when working on large DIY projects such as wooden bench, tables, and cabinets. However, if you’re just starting as a wood enthusiast, and have little knowledge in handling circular saw blades, you might want to check out these tips.
Here are some beginner tips you need to keep in mind:
- Always wear safety gears when using a circular blade saw on your project. These gears include safety goggles and a dust mask. If possible, wear hard closed shoes to protect your feet from any materials that could fall off of the cutting table.
- Kickback can possibly happen when cutting using a circular saw blade. To prevent this, you can use different types of equipment such as a riving knife, a push stick, and a spitter. Here’s an article that can help you.
- To keep the material from moving in the cutting table, you can use equipment called G Clamp. These tools are made out of steel and are used to secure the wood you’re cutting in place so it won’t move when you start cutting it using a circular saw blade.
- Make sure you know which diamond blade you should use for your DIY project. Ripping saw blades are used to get a smooth and safe cut, while the combination saw blade is used to cut rips and crosscuts. Lastly, there is the crosscut saw blade which is used when cutting perpendicularly.
- Study other types of blade you can use as well such as the masonry cutting blade, high-speed steel blade, tile cutters, carbide tipped blade, and metal cutting blades. These blades are used in different kind of materials which you can encounter in doing different DIY projects.
- Always set the depth of the blade before you start cutting. While the saw is unplugged, set the blade at a depth of 0.3 centimeters beneath the wood, to allow you to cut more smoothly.
- Inspect the saw equipment and circular diamond blade before you start working. Most accidents happen because one has overlooked the condition of the equipment before using, either because the blade is damaged or it is not installed correctly. With this in mind, make sure to check everything before working.